Root Canal Therapy Near You
Endodontic therapy or best known as root canal therapy is indicated if the pulp of a tooth becomes infected or inflamed. When the diseased pulp is left untreated, it can result in pain, dental abscesses along with infections in other parts of the body.
The pulp is comprised of blood vessels, nerves, and connective tissues. During root canal treatment in Yellowknife, your dentist will remove the damaged or dead pulp. The goal of root canal therapy near you is to halt the infection, prevent it from spreading, ultimately saving and restoring the tooth.
Your dentist will perform an assessment on your tooth to determine if root canal therapy is necessary. The tests conducted will reveal insight into the vitality of your tooth and the condition of its pulp.
Signs that you may need root canal therapy include:
- Severe pain when biting or chewing.
- Pimples on your gums.
- A cracked or chipped tooth.
- Long-lasting sensitivity to temperature changes.
- Swollen or tender gums.
- Deep tooth decay or darkening of your gums.
The Procedure for Root Canal Therapy
If your dentist states that you require root canal therapy in Yellowknife to restore your tooth, the whole process may require three appointments.
1. During appointment one, your dentist will completely remove the pulp. After the damaged pulp is eliminated, your tooth is disinfected and sealed.
2. One to two weeks following the appointment, the root canal is thoroughly cleaned, shaped and sealed during a 90-minute appointment.
3. At your last appointment for root canal therapy near you, your dentist will place a long-lasting filling to seal the tooth and protect it against damage and infections in the future.
We provide root canal therapy in Yellowknife, NWT X1A 2P9. Schedule your appointment today!