Teeth Whitening Near You
Teeth whitening is an ideal treatment for patients looking to achieve a whiter smile. Tooth stains and discolouration can occur for a variety of reasons, including the natural aging process, smoking, and consuming dark-coloured food or beverages. Teeth whitening in Yellowknife, is a safe, quick and inexpensive procedure that can remove stains and discolouration.
The Procedure for Teeth Whitening
If you are acquiring teeth whitening near you, you can expect your dentist to first capture a photo of your teeth. This will allow them to monitor the progress of your treatment and develop a baseline. Your dentist will also examine your teeth and ask you some questions regarding your tooth stains to determine how they developed. Next, your dentist or dental hygienist will clean your teeth, this involves removing the buildup of bacteria and other substances that contribute to staining.
The rest of the procedure for teeth whitening in Yellowknife is as follows:
1. Your dentist will place a retractor into your mouth, this positions your lips and cheeks away from your teeth and gums.
2. To prevent irritation from the bleaching agents, your dentist will apply a rubber dam onto your gums.
3. The whitening gel is applied to your teeth. This contains hydrogen peroxide that will remain on your teeth for 30 minutes before it is washed away.
4. This process is repeated one or a few times for periods of ten minutes.
5. Once the final gel application is complete, your dentist will remove the cheek retractors from your mouth and you will rinse it. You will now get to see your whitening results. Your teeth may have whitened by as many as eight shades post-procedure!
Teeth whitening near you can improve your self-confidence and enhance the appearance of your smile. We offer teeth whitening in Yellowknife, NWT X1A 2P9. Contact our clinic today to schedule a free consultation and achieve your dream smile.